Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

Powhiri

Today I learnt what understanding of powhiri means to me

Here is my understanding of powhiri. 

A powhiri can used for sitting on the left and right side of the mare. Some powhiri can be used for prayers talking to ancestors walking into a mare and used for people who haven't been to a mare or a group who's new to a mare and for food being blessed when time for eat.a powhiri can be use to do welcome new people into the mare and for staring the pray asking some people to go and stand in front of their side of the mare and say a powhiri and is used to say when welcoming people into the gate and two people say the powhiri and sing a song at the end

What I liked about writing this is I haven't done a powhiri.
What was challenging was doing was writing it in my own words.
What my next steps are is writing more.

Have you been done a powhiri



Resources:
Powhiri on marae
Ask eddie SJ
Te marae

No comments:

Post a Comment